Sunday, August 19, 2007

beginning body boarding

beginning body boarding

-blog entry by Justin


According to Wikipedia,


Boogie Board (n): A slang term used to refer to a small roughly rectangular piece of foam, shaped to a hydrodynamic form. This is used in bodyboarding.

The bodyboard is ridden in a similar way to the more well known surfboard, but is predominantly ridden lying down, (or 'prone').

*******

I went out to Beach today to try my hand on Boogie boarding.


Man! that was a lot of fun. The surf at the Beach has not been as big lately.
I'm still learning how to do it. Riding a wave can take you as far as 50 feet
maybe further as I get good at it.

I can't wander out to the deeper water yet but it was a lot of fun just the same.
Check out some of our pictures.



Click on the picture above to see more pictures.
-Justin

1 comment:

The Truth said...

Great pictures. Bodyboard riding is so much fun. I'm new to it and I'm fortunate to have tried my first time in the waters of Hawaii. I've been in love ever since!