Sunday, November 08, 2009

Strawberry Banana Smoothie home made


My kids love Strawberry Banana Smoothie.

Its their favorite drink or dessert during Summer.
I stock up on frozen Strawberries during Autumn and
Winter when Strawberries are not in season
so they can continue to enjoy this smoothie.
Bananas, well they're pretty
much in season all year round in some part of the tropics.

Its a good way for me to introduce fruits
in my kids' diet. I also read in a Web article that
ripe bananas are excellent source for
TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor), which has the
ability to combat abnormal cells. I have yet to read the
Scientific Journal article that supports that claim though.

Here's my version of Strawberry Banana Smoothie
that I make at home. Try making your own Strawberry Banana Smoothie
if haven't yet.

*****
Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Servings : 4

Tools needed:
Blender

Ingredients:

1 cup Milk 2% lowfat
1.5 cups Nonfat Yogurt (plain)
2 cups Strawberries, capped
3 large Bananas, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup ice cubes
1/4 cup white sugar

Procedure

1. Place the strawberries, yogurt, bananas, ice cubes
and milk in a blender. Place Blender cover.

2. Process the ingredients on high speed setting for about 20 to 30 seconds until smooth.

3. Serve Smoothie in tall clear glass.

No comments: