Monday, June 04, 2012

Build A Miracle Tijuana day 03JUN2012

Today June 3, 2012, I took my two sons Justin and Trevor
to Tijuana Mexico to participate in the Build-A-Miracle project.

Build-A-Miracle is a 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit Organization whose aim
is to build beautiful houses for poor Mexicans families
living in Tijuana Mexico. For more information about their
program, go to:

http://www.buildamiracle.net/BAM/BAM-WhoWeAre.html

Its hard labor work, mind you. Here are the tasks involed:
- Carry gravel and sand using bucket
- Mix Cement, Gravel , Sand, and water to make Concrete mud
- Wheelbarrow concrete mud and dump into site to form Concrete Pad
- Paint walls
- Install drywall

These work are done by Carpenters and laborers back in my home country
the Philippines. I'm OK doing this work as I used to work as a Carpenter myself
when we did a demolish and complete rebuild
of our home in Baguio City and from being a part of the Construction Battalion back in my US Navy days.

Click the image below to see more pictures:

Justin and Tyler a Build-A-Miracle Project
Why would I expose my two young kids to this scenario?
I would like them to appreciate the value of knowing how to use their hands.
To appreciate the poverty and hardship in an environment
they would not normally see. And to know how to help their fellow man.

-Julius

No comments: