Potato, Bacon, Sausage, and Cheese Omelet
I cooked this Omelet for Breakfast
at a recent Camping trip.
Mind you, not for myself but for the kids
I served breakfast for during the trip.
For health concerns , I can't touch this.
But for my two sons and their friends
it makes for a sumptuous breakfast served with
Pancakes or with rice.
Camping conditions are less than ideal
than when cooking in a home kitchen setting considering
that outdoors has lots of wind you have to contend
with. Sloping cooking surface means that the its hard to
spread the omelet on a griddle. Its also harder to
regulate the heat off of a Camp stove.
It took 5 minutes from the time I put this Omelet
on the table to the time the plate was empty.
Here's my recipe:
- 6 large eggs
- 4 pieces of bacon chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sausage
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack)
- 3/4 cup cubed potatoes (boiled for 5 minutes to soften it)
1. Place the eggs in a bowl.
2. Using a whisk or fork, beat the eggs and season with table salt.
3. Heat the Griddle and spread cooking oil on the flat surface using a spatula.
Note: Make sure the griddle is on a horizontal even surface.
If you have to use a Bubble Level to make sure its horizontal and even if you have to or simply eyeball it. This is a challenge in a Camping setting , specially if the campsite is on a sloping surface.
4. Pour the egg on the griddle surface.
5. Use your hands to evenly spread the ingredients on half side of the egg surface: sausage, bacon, potato, and cheese.
6. Using a spatula, lift and cover the half end of the surface
to make your Omelet.
7. Use the spatula to transfer the Omelet to a plate and serve with rice (with Ketchup) or with Pancakes.
8. Serve hot.