Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cooking Connie Veneracion’s Pineapple Chicken

I have the Kitchen to my command with Gloria out this Saturday
because of a two-day-12-hour-weekend shift duty at the Hospital.

I decided to cook Connie Veneracion’s Pineapple Chicken.

You can view the recipe by going to her website:
http://www.pinoycook.net/index.php/recipes/recipe/pineapple-chicken/

or view other recipes in her PinoyCook.net Blog website:
http://www.pinoycook.net/

I added a Filipino or perhaps a Thai flair to the dish by adding Coconut Milk
to the Pineapple Juice. Based on the reader’s comment, this is actually a
Filipino Dish called: Pininyahang Manok, a Tagalog dish I take it.

View Connie’s Pinihanyang Manok recipe by going to this site:
http://www.pinoycook.net/index.php/recipes/recipe/pininyahang-manok-pineapple-chicken/1/

variations from Connie Venracion’s recipe:

1. I don’t have dried rosemary so I used Italian Spaghetti seasoning mix (a mixture of dried oregano, spices, garlic, and pepper).

2. I used a can of 12 ounce Dole Pineapple Chunks and a separate can of Dole Pinapple Juice concentrate

3. I followed Fan In Saudi’s suggestion to make Ginger candy by bringing to a boil 1 1/3 cup sugar and 1 cup water, then add 1 cup peeled and crushed ginger pieces then simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and dry, then sprinkle with sugar. The sweetness to this ingredient actually created a sweet and sour taste to the dish.

I served the dish for lunch to my three kids: Justin, Trevor and Kristen, my Ate Christine, and niece Caroline.

The feedback: Not bad at all.

I guess its a success. Thanks Connie.

Julius
(Sinlao) Posted by Picasa

No comments: