Lemon Lime Salmon - Camping version
Another dish I made at camp is
Lemon Lime Salmon.
Again served with steamed rice, this makes for a
tasty Camp dinner dish.
- Salmon Steak
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
-rind of one lemon
-rind of one lime
-juice of one lemon
-juice of one lime
-1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp butter , cubed
- cold rice
1. Put a Salmon Steak on a sheet of Alluminum foil.
2. Apply a dash of cumin powder on top of the steak.
3. Use a microplane to extract the rind of one lemon,
one lime into a mixing bowl.
4. Combine the wine, butter, lemon juice, lime juice, minced garlic,
into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish the Salmon with slices of lemon and lime.
6. Fold the foil around the salmon steak to form a pouch
with one end open.
7. Using a slotted spoon, sprinkle
the lemon-lime sauce mixture over the Salmon Steak unto the
8. Seal the open end of the lemon-lime Salmon pouch by
forming several folds.
9. Meanwhile, Use a sheet of aluminum foil to
create a rectangular or square envelope with one side open.
Place cold cooked rice in the pouch.
Put it a tablespoon of water. Seal it to make a rice pouch.
10. Place the lemon-lime Salmon pouch and rice pouch on camp stove, charcoal
grill or open fire and cook for a good 15 minutes.
11. When cooked, place the lemon-lime Salmon pouch on a plate. Use a knife to
slit open the pouch. Watch out for escaping steam.
12. Spoon over warm rice over the dish.