Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cub Scout Justin

September 30, 2006

I was a member of the Chiro Orgnization as I recall from my years of youth in Baguio. It was a group whose activities are similar to the Boys Scouts of America but more emphasis was placed towards reverence to God.

Grade Schoolsers held meetings on Sundays at Home Sweet Home for an afternoon of camaredrie with other Boys and Girls, outdoor games, singing, and prayer. Occasionally the Chiro Organization would go out to various campsites around Baguio for adventures sake. The group was ran by the CICM* Missionaries.

Thirty years later, I find myself wanting to share that experience to my sons Justin and Trevor. Trevor's only in Kindergarten so he'll have to wait for another year to be able to join.
He joins the den meetings though as looks forward to being a part of it someday.

But alas, Chiro Organization is nowhere to be found in America.
The closest I can pass down that memorable experience to my kids is the Cubs Scouts movement. Justin is only 10 at 5th grade so he'll tackle a year of Cub Scouts then move on to Boys Scouts.

View more pictures:
http://www.clubphoto.com/perl/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=4800560&link_code=sa01_17

Have fun Justin, and carry on the tradition.

*The CICM Missionaries is an Catholic religous order that have various Christian Missions in the Philippines particulary the Northern Luzon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: