Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Slow Cooking, Chicken and Rice Casserole

If there is one thing I can't stand, its having to be
at the kitchen still on my work clothes to cook a Dinner
good for four people after a toxic day at work.

I mean who wants to stand there for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs
when you can be putting your legs up to let them rest.
Eating out is not option for me either. I like to take my time
and enjoy dinner at the comfort of my home.

Well, one Solution I'm using now is the slow cooker.

I still have to master the secrets of cooking recipes meant for the
slow cooker, but it sure is convenient to come home to a warm pot of
comfort food given the cold weather and a tiring day.

Well here's a sample slow cooker recipe.
Not a Filipino dish but a Spanish Paella dish.





The dish has the familiar chopped Onions and minced garlic
as base that is common in Filipno ginisa dishes, bit it takes off
with Chicken thighs, sauteed bell pepper, bacon bits, Chicken stock,
oregano, kasubha, and lots of rice.

Interested in the Recipe?

No comments: