Sunday, December 02, 2007
Trinnie's Chicken Pastel
You might ask who Trinnie is and what is Chicken Pastel. Trinnie's one of my online friends, hails from Cavite Philippines. She shared and asked me to try cook her recipe. Since she describes the recipe to me through Yahoo Messenger chat session, then there is no way for her to quality control (QC) what I’ve cooked whether it was cooked according to her specifications.
Obviously, she can't QC it because a large Ocean divides us.
Well maybe in the future, I'll cook this in the Philippines and ask her to
taste and give me a feedback whether I paid tribute or made disservice to the dish.
Chicken breasts in a thick cream sauce, reminds e of Cream of Chicken
or Chicken a La King. Try it sometime. She describes it, it is pretty special and rich. Trinnie, for now, you would have to take my cooking of the dish at face value.
3 tablespoon Butter
1 onion chopped
2 chicken Buillon cubes
2 pounds of Chicken Breasts cut into 3 inch strips
1 four ounce can of Cream (Nestle Cream)
½ cup Cheese, shredded
½ cup carrots
1) In a pot, melt butter in low heat.
2) Add and Saute the carrots and celery until cooked.
3) Transfer the vegetables in a small plate and keep warm.
4) In the same pan, saute the onions in melted butter still in low heat.
3) Saute the chicken breasts in the melted butter.
4) Add the Chicken Buillon cubes to season the Chicken.
5) Simmer the Chicken until it starts to sweat.
6) Mix in the Cream, stirring often so it doesn’t stick to the pan
7) Return the vegetables to the pan.
8) Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
9) Shred the cheese on top and stir.